Get the Real Story Behind Your Next Prospective Home
By USA Real Estate
When you’re about to put your hard-earned money into a home, you want to know everything you can about that home’s history. While there are common questions to ask about a home’s condition, history, and location, there are some questions buyers often overlook.
Don’t rely on sellers to volunteer this information. In some cases, they may not even know the answers for themselves. Protect your potential investment. These questions can help you get to the bottom of potential pitfalls:
1. Have you ever had asbestos removed from the home? Old heating ducts, ceilings, and even certain types of flooring can contain asbestos. If they’ve had asbestos removed, follow-up with how it was removed. Was it their uncle Joe hacking away at it, or did they have professional help?
2. Has there ever been mold remediation in the home? Mold can be a serious issue. Much like asbestos, find out how it was removed if it’s ever been a problem.
3. Has the home been tested for lead? Homes built before 1978 may be at elevated risk for lead contamination.
4. Were renovations properly permitted and inspected? If there’s been work done on the home, find out if those renovations are legal and up to code
5. Is there now or has there ever been an underground oil tank on premises? Heating oil tanks are common in some areas, even if old heating systems have been upgraded. You want to know if a tank is still underground, and if one has been removed.
6. Is the home in a flood zone? Yes, you can research this yourself, but it can be a litmus test question. Do they know? If they know, do they have flood insurance? Who provided it?
7. Have radon levels been tested in the home recently? Indoor air quality is very important, and radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that can contribute to lung cancer.
If a seller or their agent can’t answer these questions, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re hiding something. But asking these questions can save you time, money, or even your life down the line. Due diligence is vital!
About USA Real Estate and Property Management
At USA Real Estate & Property Management LLC., our licensed Real Estate agents are Prescott Valley, AZ experts. Our combined knowledge of the Prescott, Prescott Valley, Chino Valley and Phoenix areas has made us leaders in serving real estate and property management clients for over 50 years.
We’ve put together a team of real estate agents who are full-time Realtors, and are fully invested in our community and our profession. We are proud of the fact that we are truly a team that works for each of our clients. Each member of our staff works together to ensure that every client’s needs are met immediately.
Our real estate agents are the finest in Prescott Valley, AZ and are ready to work with you. Click here to contact us today for more information, or to set up an appointment for a no-obligation consultation.